Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Featured Artisan - Jasmine Worth

Today's Featured artisan is Jasmine Worth
Jasmine's work can be purchased at JasmineWorth.etsy.com. More of her work and information about her work can also be found at JasmineWorth.com.

What do you make?
I am an oil painter.

What drew you to your craft and why did you start selling your items?
I have always been as artist, since as far back as I can remember I was drawing or painting. I started selling my artwork on etsy because I wanted to make original art available to everyone. I want anyone who enjoys my art to be able to afford a print or something with my art on it. I have shown in galleries for many years now, but I know that not all people are able to afford original art from a gallery. Selling on etsy allows me to make my work available to those people, as well.




What is your favorite part of creating your items?
My favorite part of painting is the last stage, where I get to put in all the details and highlights. I love seeing the painting come together into the finished product.

Is your craft a full time endeavor or a hobby?
I am a full time painter. I worked at a record store for many years, after the store closed in 2009, I decided to try my hand at being a full time artist. Hopefully the etsy store will help me to achieve this dream :)

When you arn't working on your craft what do you enjoy doing?
I am an avid reader. My house is crammed full of books, they are stacked nearly up to the ceiling in some places! I also enjoy hanging out with my cat Punkin, and watching cartoons.






Etsy Shop: JasmineWorth.etsy.com
More info/images: JasmineWorth.com
Art shown here:
1. 'Midnight Dreary' - Original Oil Painting
2. 'Detached' - Fine Art Print
3. 'Suspended' - Fine Art Print

No comments:

Post a Comment