Monday, June 15, 2009

Surprised

I have decided to do a bit of playing (trial and error work) with forging. It is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now but just haven't gotten to. Partially because the 4 rings I have forged from scrap sterling I heated with a torch instead of having a proper fire. We have an old stove outside that seems will be very good for making a proper fire but it was in bad need of cleaning before any actual work could be done.

The other day I started playing with a necklace for myself. It will be a torque style with a lot of hammering. Looking at the piece after I started I realized I either needed to clean out the stove and get some good coals going or I would go through a lot of map gas with a torch. So I set about cleaning the remains of previous burns from the stove.

After I pulled out some of the burned matter with a garden trowel I looked deeper into the stove and was surprised to find plants growing. It seems that nature will find its way. I really didn't expect to find anything growing in the stove because I didn't think there would be enough light. However, these little plants, I believe they are rose a sharon, decided there was enough of everything they needed right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment