Friday, May 1, 2009

A Handmade Registry

Have you ever thought :
"I wish I could REGISTER for a HANDMADE WISH LIST to send to my friends and family for birthdays, holidays, and special occasions!"?
myHandmadeRegistry.com is a networking site for buyers and sellers to find and share their favorite handmade items. This site is a place where everyone can create a personal page with a list of their favorite items from only HANDMADE RETAILERS! There are also groups within the community for expectant parents, a house-warming group to share decorating tips on a budget and find that special accent piece, and one for the $5000 handmade wedding. You can find more information about what inspired Dorana of a Dorana Design and ddots to create myHandmadeRegistry.com here.

With the sharing of information and handmade items that goes on in this site you can often find those special handmade items you have been looking for at a fraction of the cost you would pay at the big chain stores. It is also a great place to see what special things other people have discovered. Each day they feature a member's wish list on their front page.

I found out about this site this morning when I received a convo through Etsy.com letting me know one of my rings was in todays featured wish list. I will be signing up for this site myself. I know I am one of those hard to shop for people who can never remember the things that I want when someone asks "what do you want for your birthday." This will be a great solution to that issue once I have created my wish list. Not only will family be able to see what I have been wanting but it will also support the handmade community.

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for featuring http://www.myhandmaderegistry.com/ on your blog! we really appreciate your support!

    siempre- dorana

    ReplyDelete