Sunday, January 11, 2009

Latest Finished Pieces

I finished up 2 custom orders this week.
Buan (permanent)

This piece was created for a woman who wanted a special gift for the love of her life. We considered several different words and found the perfect word to describe their relationship was "Buan" which is Gaelic for permanent, (effort) sustained, unfailing, lasting, durable, long. She was looking for a word that would express that they could last through whatever was thrown their way.

The second custom piece was a 2 word necklace.

Cridhe Treubh
Cridhe Treubn means Heart Kin in Scottish Gaelic. These were the first Ogham pendants that I cut with 2 words. Thankfully I was able to make them without the piece getting too long. If it had been any longer I would have had to adjust the layout of the piece putting the words next to each other rather than both on the center line which is traditional for Ogham writing.

I also took a break from piercing and polished up a few rings that were just begging me to finish them. A few hammered copper bands and a sterling braided band.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOOO - very beautiful!! As one who has watched your talents grow for many moons now - I truly have to say that your skills have put you on the top! And, I know for a fact, the 'magic' that each of your pieces holds
    is pure and focused as well.

    WitchMom
    http://www.witchmom.com

    ReplyDelete