Friday, February 13, 2009

For the love of Greyhounds

I awoke this morning to find my Greyhound jewelry was chosen for this Etsy.com treasury.


I am very pleased to see that there is not a single racing image in this group which tells me Caelestis, the creator of this treasury, is truly a lover of the breed.

I learned from a dear friend of mine who rescues Greyhounds that the breed is classified as livestock so they do not get the same legal protections as other dogs. Because of this, healthy Greyhounds are often mistreated and euthanized simply because they do not preform well on the track. I love to Greyhounds being admired and loved for their grace, beauty, and wonderful temperament as companions rather than just something to bet on.

Please check out the treasury and give these Greyhound items some love!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! HOW WONDERFUL! I am SO excited that YOUR Greyhounds were in this grouping (maybe you should do another set - just in case :-)
    {{{hugs}}}
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete